The Outreach Committee reaches out to share the love of Christ with those who are
not already an integral part of the church. This includes helping and encouraging our
surrounding communities, facilitating charitable programs hosted by the church and
others, and generally expressing the goodwill of the church towards its neighbors.
Projects undertaken by the Outreach Committee at various times have included:
- providing food, counseling, reassurance and comfort to families in crisis,
- conducting musical programs, youth performances, and visitations for the veterans at the VA Hospital,
- serving our community in conjunction with two neighboring churches, Christ the King Lutheran and Church of the Cross Episcopal
- hosting a PTA meeting with refreshments and assisting in the classroom at Annie Burnside Elementary School, and
- donating food to Harvest Hope.
Our ultimate goal is to provide encouragement and genuine help in all its forms to those in need by sharing in the ministry and spirit of Christ.
The Outreach committee meets the first Monday of the month at 4:30 at the church. It is currently chaired by Charlie Abbott. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “ATTN: Outreach committee” in the subject line.